Are you moving? Count on us to make your move go more smoothly.
Are you moving into a brand new home and looking for a trusted, local home comfort services provider? Or is the new home you've just moved into already serviced by us? If you answered yes to one of these questions, you can count on us for the equipment,
support and advice you need to make your move less stressful. Contact us today to learn more ways we can help you with your move.
Be prepared for your move as far in advance as possible. Print out this helpful moving checklist and check off items as you do them throughout your moving process.
- Start to clean out things you won't bring. Plan a yard sale to sell it. It’s not free to ship, so if you don’t need it, get rid of it!
- Start shopping around for a mover now. Decide if you want to pack yourself or have professionals pack for you. Generally, two months ahead of any move is plenty of time to schedule a mover but if you plan on moving in the summer months,
you might want to start looking 10 weeks in advance, just to be safe.
- Start packing now. As early as one month before, you can buy boxes, packing supplies (markers, etc.) and tape. When packing, keep in mind that it's most important to fill boxes to capacity. A good rule of thumb is to have boxes weigh
between 25-35 lbs each.
- Save all your bills. Remember to save your last bills--they have crucial information like account numbers and customer service telephone numbers that will help you change your utilities, credit cards, magazine subscriptions, etc.
- Cancel your local newspaper. Or change the address if you get a major national paper delivered to your house.
- Notify all financial accounts of your move. Banks, credit cards, brokerages (401k, personal stocks/mutual funds, other investments, etc.) all need to know your new address. Make a list and call them all!
- Disconnect major appliances. Refrigerator, washer and dryer, etc. should all be disconnected, defrosted, and dried out.
- Finish packing. There’s always going to be last minute, unexpected things to pack. Try to anticipate this and get it done!
- Prepare a home package for the new homeowner. Wherever possible, put any guides, manuals, guarantees or service contact information for home heating, cooling, kitchen appliances and any other equipment into a folder to leave the new
- Clean up. After you’re done with packing, make sure to clean up the house. Not just to give the new homeowners the best welcome possible but to make sure that everything is clean for any final walk through or inspections.
- Keep all receipts and documentation. Store and file all moving paperwork in a safe place. You'll be glad to have everything in one place at tax time.
- Contact the local paper for a new subscription. There's no better way to get to know your new community.
- Make the most of your new home! Explore the neighborhood, get to know your neighbors and most of all, feel right at home.